Super healthy AND satisfying – No need to wait until Thanksgiving dinner, make this tonight! It’s seasoned fruits and vegetables, stuffed in a squash shell and baked. Just as easy as it sounds. The taste is amazing! You’ve got to try this!
- ⅔ C Dried, sweetened Cranberries , soaked in hot water and drained
- 1 C Garnet sweet potato (Yams) (or carrot), chopped small
- 1 Un-peeled Fuji apple, cored, diced
- ½ C Walnut pieces
- 2 T Shallot, finely minced
- 1 t Ground, dried Sage
- ½ t Granulated Sugar
- ½ t Kosher Sea salt , to taste
- ¼ t Ground pepper , to taste
- 2 Acorn squash, cut in half crosswise, seeds and strings removed, trimmed to stand level from bottom
- 8 T Vegetable stock
- 1 C Store-bought seasoned Baguette slices, chopped into cubes
- 1 T Pumpkin Seeds (Pepitas), Dried, Unsalted, to garnish, if desired
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place a cup of water in microwave and heat on high for 2 minutes.
- Remove from oven, add in cranberries, and set aside to soak until needed.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except pepitas, and stir to combine.
- Fill squash halves to overflowing, add 2 tablespoons of vegetable stock, garnish with pepitas, place on baking sheet and spray squash and ingredients with non-stick olive oil cooking spray.
- Place on a rimmed baking sheet in middle of oven.
- Pour 1 cup of water around the base of squashes, and bake for 60 minutes.
- Cover with aluminum foil if top is getting too browned.
- Can be made in advance, covered tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerated; cook one hour before serving time.
More side dish recipes.
Please comment/like/follow. I’d love to see what you’ve cooked! Please let me know if there are other side dish recipes you would like me to develop.