Completely addictive! As a Vegan alternative to mayonnaise, cashew “cheese” spread can’t be beat! Cashew nuts are rich in vitamin E and a good source of minerals, particularly magnesium and zinc. While high in fat, all nuts are highly ranked for their healthy unsaturated fats. Keep it refrigerated for up to one week and enjoy on wraps, sandwiches, or, thinned slightly with water then drizzled over salads, and vegetables.
I use this for making wraps as a spread. See my classic wrap formula recipe to get other ideas for making amazing wraps!
- 1 C Raw cashews
- 3 T Filtered water
- 2 t Sherry vinegar (Or, lemon juice)
- 1 T Olive oil (Or, coconut oil)
- ½ t Garlic puree
- ½ t Kosher sea salt
- Soak cashews in water (enough to cover) for at least one hour and up to overnight; then, drain.
- The longer you soak them, the smoother texture they become.
- Put all the ingredients into a high-powered blender or food processor.
- Blend until mixture is thick and creamy.
- If you would like a thicker texture, the mixture will stiffen when chilled.
Submit your review