I love hummus so much! It’s taken me this long to even think about variations to the classic recipe. It would have to be exciting, delicious, and of course, healthy, too! I’m having such a blast coming up with these distinctive and incredibly enchanting recipes. The honey-mustard is subtle and surprising, so you could easily double the honey and mustard for a bolder punch of flavor! The green hummus makes a delicious wrap or sandwich spread, you’re going to love! The beet and dill hummus is yummy and such a pretty color, without a lot of beet flavor, and would look so nice garnished with feta cheese for a baby or wedding shower! Finally, the Sriracha-chili pepper flakes, is perfect for the person who craves super hot flavor! You’re going to love these variations! And by the way, you can use these to flavor up store-bought hummus, too!
|Classic Hummus with 4 Exciting Variations- Very High Protein!
||Give these exciting variations a try!
- 1 (15oz) can Chickpeas, drained, + ¼ C of liquid reserved
- 2 T Lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 2 T Tahini
- ½ t Ground cumin
- 1 clove Garlic, peeled
- ½ t Kosher sea salt
- 1 T Extra-virgin olive oil + more to garnish
- Paprika, to garnish (optional)
- Put the chickpeas, lemon juice, tahini, cumin, garlic and salt into a food processor and puree until smooth.
- With the motor running, slowly pour in the oil in a steady stream and puree again.
- If the mixture is too thick, add some of the reserved chickpea liquid, or water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the desired consistency is reached.
- To serve, transfer the hummus to a serving bowl and drizzle some olive oil over the top. Garnish with a sprinkling of paprika and a drizzle of olive oil, if desired. Serve.
- Hummus can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Honey/Mustard Hummus: Add 3 T Honey, and 3 T Dijon Mustard + more to garnish, if desired.
- Green Hummus: Add 1½ C Baby spinach, ¾ C Baby Arugula, 6 T Cilantro + more to garnish.
- Beet/Dill Hummus: Add ¾ C Cooked baby beets, ½ t Fresh chopped dill, and garnish with feta cheese and more dill, as desired.
- Sriracha Hummus: Add 3 T Sriracha chili sauce, 1 t Red pepper flakes, 1 more clove garlic, garnish with more flakes, if desired.