Super flavor in a flash! If you’ve ever been to the popular fast casual restaurant called Chipotle, you’ll know they serve an amazing corn salsa. Not much liquid, but more like a medium hot corn side dish. Here’s my re-creation of this recipe. It’s delicious, and simply wonderful with Mexican food. It’s especially great for vegans or vegetarians who are tired of the same old salsa. Lovely on salads, burritos, or bowls of most any kind! If corn is in season, by all means use that, (about 4 ears or 3 cups) but for the rest of the year, serving from frozen is just fine. The poblamo pepper used is more mild than jalapeno peppers, but hotter than Anaheim peppers and especially, bell peppers. Increase or decrease the amount or type of pepper(s) accordingly, per your tastes. This gets stronger flavored the longer it remains in the refrigerator. Ideally, it should be refrigerated one hour before serving.
- 1 lb Birds Eye C&W; Petite White Corn, frozen, defrosted overnight in refrigerator
- ½ C Red onion, peeled, finely diced
- 2 T Poblano pepper, seeded, chopped very finely
- ¼ C Fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 T Lemon Juice (about 1 lemon)
- 1 T Lime juice (about 1 lime)
- ½ t Kosher sea salt
- ¼ t Black pepper
- Defrost corn overnight by placing in the refrigerator, or, place in a medium bowl filled with water while making rest of recipe, then drain.
- Chop and squeeze the rest of the ingredients as indicated.
- Combine all the ingredients into a large bowl.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until needed.
- Will keep for up to one week if tightly covered and refrigerated.
Submit your review