Beautiful, and healthy! These appetizers are so delicious and unexpected. Your guests will ask what these are, then ask again for the recipe after they’ve taken a bite. So good! It doesn’t really matter that you defrosted frozen peas and whirled them around with a couple other ingredients while the French bread was toasting! Easy, quick and always ready at a moments notice. If you’re looking for more appetizers to serve on toast, try these exciting recipes with classic hummus and 4 extra variations!
You might also like to make this bold Olive tapenade…
- 1 ½ C peas
- 2 T Parmesano-Reggiano cheese, freshly grated
- ½ C Feta cheese, crumbled, reserve more for garnish, if desired
- 1 t White truffle oil, optional
- Kosher sea salt or to taste
- ¼ t Black pepper or to taste
- ¼ C Flat leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- ½ loaf of French bread, about 20 slices, 1” thick
- Pre-heat oven to 350F degrees.
- Place biased sliced French bread on a baking sheet and toast for 4 minutes, turn over, and toast another 3 minutes or until golden browned.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile bring a small saucepan of water to a boil, then add about a teaspoon of salt.
- Add the peas in the boiling water and cook until tender but, still firm; about 3 minutes.
- Drain and rinse peas in cold water for 30 seconds to cool them.
- Place the peas into a food processor bowl and pulse a few times to chop the peas into small pieces.
- Add the cheeses and truffle oil, if using, and process until mostly smooth but still slightly chunky.
- Taste and adjust seasoning to taste with salt and pepper, as needed.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons on each of the toasted French bread slices and garnish with the parsley.
- Place on a platter and serve.
Need more appetizer recipes?
Submit your review